Monday, September 29, 2008

This is the story of a girl...

Tasrina

She stands on the rustling grass,
Her gown billowing behind her in the breeze,
Tears adorn her cheeks like glistening pearls,
She looks up at the stars above,
And asks the question why,
Why did this happen to me,
Why did things go this way,
Is this the price I have to pay,
For being who I am?
My heart is cold, my mind is numb,
I don't feel any pain,
Just something tearing me inside.
Years of living alone and away from home,
Moments of training and learning,
Have never lessened the impact of that day,
My heart, emotions are still a protected sanctuary,
That no extent of experience in the wild can weather.
Cursed is the day I first fell,
Wretched were those who let it happen,
For I shall have my vengeance,
But not until my heart is cured.
She falls on her knees,
A silent scream rents the air,
The agony making the earth tremble,
A prayer to the vast skies above,
A request for salvation,
I cannot go on like this,
Give me a purpose for living life this way
And I shall fulfill it.
But release me from the torturous hell of my past,
My sword is yours to knight,
Make me a warrior of this land.

No comments: